District Services provides fiscal assistance and oversight for 20 school districts in Merced County with General Fund budgets ranging from $600,000 to $80,000,000.
- Provides AB1200 fiscal oversight and guidance in all areas of budgeting and accounting.
- Approves/disapproves district budgets and Interims.
- Contracts with smaller districts to develop interims, budgets, and year-end financial reports required by the CDE.
- Contracts temporary fiscal services until replacement is found.
- Trains new CBOs in budget development, various business processes, and year-end closing.
- Reviews salary/benefit settlements.
- Provides regular CBO meetings.
- Acts as a liaison to CDE on behalf of districts.
- Collects, reviews, and submits all attendance and tax data on behalf of districts.
- Collects, reviews data collection for revenue limit and deferred maintenance.
- Audits and processes all accounts payable in conjunction with County Auditor's office.
- Performs AB139 audit requirement by visiting all 20 sites on a quarterly basis and facilitating audits of cash disbursements, cash receipts, and revolving cash.