District Financial Services
District Services provides fiscal assistance and oversight for 20 school districts in Merced County with General Fund budgets ranging from $1,100,000 to $130,000,000.
Provides AB1200 fiscal oversight and guidance in all areas of budgeting and accounting.
- Approves/disapproves district budgets and Interims.
- Contracts with smaller districts to develop interims, budgets, and year-end financial reports required by the CDE.
- Contracts temporary fiscal services until replacement is found.
- Trains new CBOs in budget development, various business processes, and year-end closing.
- Reviews salary/benefit settlements.
- Provides regular CBO meetings.
- Acts as a liaison to CDE on behalf of districts.
- Collects, reviews, and submits all attendance and tax data on behalf of districts.
- Prepares Local Control Funding Formula (LCFF) estimations.
- Assist with Federal financial reporting requirements.
- Distributes fiscal information from Department of Finance, FCMAT, CDE, SSC, Worker's Compensation JPA and outside vendors.
- Assists in cashflow preparation.
- County Planning Department liaison for developer fee invoicing.
- Provides professional development workshops.
- Audits and processes all accounts payable in conjunction with County Auditor's office.
- Performs AB139 audit requirement by facilitating audits of cash disbursements, cash receipts and revolving cash.
Payroll & Retirement Services
District Services Payroll reviews district payroll transactions and prepares financial reports, among other services.