Foster Youth Services Coordinating Program
Foster Youth Services Coordinating Program assists students ages 4-21 who are placed in state licensed group homes and foster homes to improve academic achievement.
FYSCP has the ability and authority to ensure that health and school records are obtained to establish appropriate placements and to coordinate instruction, counseling, tutoring, mentoring, vocational training, emancipation services, training for independent living and other related services.
These services are designed to improve the student's educational performance and personal achievement, directly benefiting them as well as providing long-range cost savings to the state.
Services provided in cooperation with Merced County partners:
- Provide AB 490 advocacy and advocacy trainings
- Ensure appropriate school placement and minimize changes of school placements
- Facilitate prompt transfer of educational records
- Provide educational case management
- Assist school districts to establish foster youth protocols
- Provide trainings on educational laws pertaining to foster youth
FYSCP Notice of Placement Form
For new foster youth placements in Merced County Resource Families or Short Term Residential Therapeutic Placements (STRTP) please complete the form below and email to email@example.com.
Youth Service Assistant
658 W. Main Street, Merced