DRESS CODE EXPECTATIONS
Valley Community School expects all students to dress appropriately for school in clothing which contributes to a safe and positive learning environment. our school colors are black and green. Included in these rules are any and all things worn (i.e. socks, belts, hats, shoes, earrings, necklaces, hair accessories, etc.) This is a" head to toe policy".
The dress code expectations are:
There will be no red colors allowed on any clothing or accessories.
(This includes all shades of red including burgundy).
- There will be no blue colors allowed on any clothing or accessories.
(This includes all shades of blue from baby blue to navy blue).
- No sports team (high school, college, pro, etc.) related clothing or accessories will be allowed.
- No obscene language, drugs, alcohol, gang references (includes but not limited to area codes, Cal, Cali, Nor-Cal, So-Cal city names such as San Jose, Oakland, etc.), weapons, or sexual gestures will be permitted on clothing.
- Any attire advocating, advertising, or denoting gang affiliation or activity shall not be permitted. These include but are not limited to hairnets, do rags, wave caps, gang symbols, red or blue shoelaces, bandanas, canvas belts with initial or numbered buckles, and red/blue belts.
- Strapless shirts/tops and spaghetti straps are not permitted. Shirts/tops should not be see through, expose a person's bra, stomach, or reveal inappropriate cleavage.
- Skirts, dresses, and shorts must be no shorter that the length of the student's arms when fully extended along the sides of their body. Short shorts, even with leggings underneath, are not appropriate. Boy's pants should be kept at the waist level.
- Footwear is required at all times for safety reasons. Slippers are not appropriate footwear. When necessary for participation in PE, students should wear the appropriate shoes.
- Blue jeans are acceptable if they are not altered in a way which puts them in violation of any section of the dress code (other than color). Ripped jeans must meet the dress code expectations and are subject to review by school staff.
- Taping or covering logos will not be acceptable on any type of clothing.
- Only VCS hats are permitted. No other hats should be brought to school. Beanies are permitted if they meet the dress code expectations.
- The prohibition of "any manner of apparel, shoes, accessories or appearance likely to cause a substantial disruption of, or a material interference with, the educational process, student health or safety, or campus order is a final decision that rests with the school administration.