MCOE provides fingerprinting services to persons requiring a clearance for employment in the public schools and for credential applications.
MCOE schedules appointments Monday through Friday (excluding holidays) between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. To schedule an appointment, please call Natalie Abarca at (209) 381-6661. You must have a "Request for Livescan Service" form prior to calling for an appointment.
At the time of your appointment:
Please bring your "Request for Livescan Service" form filled out with all necessary information. We cannot advise you on how to fill out the form. If you have questions about completing the form, please contact the school or district office that is requiring you to be printed.
- One of the following acceptable forms of Identification
- Valid Driver's License.
- Valid Photo ID card issued by federal, state, or local government.
- Valid U.S. Military Photo ID card.
- Valid U.S. Passport with a photograph.
- All future Merced County Office of Education (MCOE) employees must bring in their original Social Security Card to their appointment.
- Please arrive on time as appointments are scheduled every 20 minutes. Failure to arrive on time may result in your appointment having to be rescheduled for a later date and/or time.
- Please refrain from wearing any fragrances when you come to your appointment. The fingerprinting technicians are allergic to certain fragrances from perfumes and colognes.
- Persons wanting to be placed on the Merced County Substitute List must pay all fees prior to being fingerprinted.
For information on fingerprinting fees for employment, please call Natalie Abarca at (209) 381-6661.
For information on fees for substitute clearance only, please call Credentials Specialist Tina Schultz at (209) 381-6633.