Script are not enabled
Merced County school districts have suspended in-class instruction for the remainder of the 2019-20 school year and transitioned to distance learning. Click on the links below for information and resources.
Los distritos escolares del condado de Merced han suspendido la instrucción en clase durante el resto del año escolar 2019-20 y han pasado a la educación a distancia. Haga clic en los enlaces a continuación para obtener información y recursos.
Internet For All Now: The California Emerging Technology Fund has provided this link to affordable offers as well as a number to call (1-844-841-INFO (4636)) someone who can assist parents: http://www.internetforallnow.org/get_affordable_internet_today
Specific offers by various providers throughout the state.
COVID-19 Response: New customers who sign-up for Internet Essentials will receive 60 days of free internet service, increase speeds from 15/2 to 25/3, 40 hours of Xfinity Wifi hotspots per month and open on an unlimited basis.
● Internet Essentials Free to New Customers
● Xfinity WiFi Free For Everyone
● Pausing Our Data Plan
● No Disconnects or Late Fees
COVID-19 Response: No termination regardless of ability to pay, waive late payment fees due to inability to pay, and keep public wifi hotspots open for those who need them.
● Up to $10 per month (plus taxes)
● 10 Mbps
● No term commitment
● No deposit
● No installation fee
● In-home Wi-Fi modem included
COVID-19 Response: New customers will receive their first month of service free. Offer available through 5/12/20. Remote customer service support at no charge between now and 5/12/20.
● $9.95 per month (plus taxes)
COVID-19 Response: Charter Communications, Spectrum's parent company, announced Friday that beginning March 16, it will make its services available for free for 60 days to households with K-12 and/or college students who don't already have internet through the company.
● Free Internet modem
● High-speed Internet at 30 Mbps
● No data caps
● No contracts
● Optional in-home WiFi service at $5/mo
Sprint announced on Friday the following general response. For the next 60 days:
● No disconnects or late fees
Starting on Tuesday, March 17:
● Complimentary international calling rates from the U.S. to countries defined by the CDC as Level 3.
By Thursday, March 19:
● Metered data plans receive unlimited data for 60 days
● Additional 20GB of mobile hotspot data per month for 60 days
● Mobile hotspot-capable handsets who don't have mobile hotspot today will receive 20GB per month for 60 days
For 1Million Project Foundation participants only:
● Data allotment per student increased to 20GB each month from now through June 30, 2020
● Acceleration of receipt of more than 100,000 new devices intended for use next school year
COVID-19 Response: for the next 60 days
● ALL current customers will have unlimited smartphone data (excluding roaming).
● An additional 20GB of mobile hotspot / tethering service
● extra free data up to 5GB of data per month
● Increasing the data allowance for free to schools and students using our EmpowerED digital learning programs to ensure each participant has access to at least 20GB of data per month
Carriers that market Paid/low cost wireless hot spots:
THANK YOU FOR VISITING OUR SITE.
You will be directed to the following website, which may have privacy policies that are different from the Merced County Office of Education, in 7 seconds.
Site URL here
We hope your visit was informative and enjoyable.